~~ClipperMarine.org ~~ FORUM ~~ GALLERY ~~ Clipper-Sailor.net~~
Please join our forum. Ads go away for members!

Please join our forum. Ads go away for members!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Finest Trailerable Vintage Cruising Sailboats Designed By Renowned W.I.B. Crealock N.A.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Google Map Of CM's  clipper-sailor.net  Main Page  
Latest topics
» Bimini Top
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby sac4440 Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:00 pm

» Cruising
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby Triticum Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:10 pm

» CM32 trailer setup
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby martinc2 Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:02 pm

» Rudder replacement
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby Triticum Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:53 pm

» Keel meets the hull - damage. Repairable or new boat?
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby Triticum Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:15 pm

» Looking for Traveler Track for my '71 CM21
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby Tim Mueller Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:02 pm

» Need Rigging for CM30, any thoughts on where to find it?
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby JeffLee Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:04 pm

» Added Clipper Marine To Groups On Facebook
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby tundrabunny Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:28 pm

» New guy lurking about for pics
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby JeffLee Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:28 am

» Parting out Clipper Marine 21/ Free project boat in Michigan
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby Rick26h Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:04 am

» Mast repair
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby Rick26h Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:49 am

» Nice CM-30 for Sale in New York
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby Gary Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:48 am

» CM26 Specs
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby Rick26h Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 am

» New Member - Rockport Tx
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby FreeReign Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:21 pm

» Discovery! Clipper Marine 9.3
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby zdm40 Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:18 pm

» Keel bolt replacement,
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby martinc2 Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 pm

» CM21 swing keel lifting system hardware
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby JeffLee Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:20 am

» New member from Northern California
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby JeffLee Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:25 pm

» CM 21 Upgrades
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby JeffLee Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:30 am

» New boat! CM32 aft cockpit sloop
Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Emptyby Gary Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Keywords

Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank

Go down 
+2
Triticum
cdkonomos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cdkonomos
Posting Member
cdkonomos

Sailboat : CM32 Aft Cockpit
Male Birthday : 1957-10-11
Job/hobbies : NC programmer/IT/Sailing/SCUBA

Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank   Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Need to be sure my water is fresh, help Question
Back to top Go down
Triticum
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Triticum

Sailboat : Clipper Marine 26
Male Join date : 2012-10-27
Job/hobbies : IT

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank   Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:16 pm

Step 1 make sure the tank is empty.  Leave it that way for a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Diggs
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Diggs

Sailboat : CM 26
Male Join date : 2012-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank   Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 5:20 pm

I swished a half gallon of vodka around in mine to kill anything that might have been growing in there. I know they make chemicals for that but it was advice from an old sailor.
Back to top Go down
tlsallada
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
tlsallada

Male Birthday : 1952-03-16
Job/hobbies : Telecommunications/Security/IT - Hobby Music

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank   Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 7:12 pm

WOW !!!  What a waste of perfectly good Vodka!!  I use a gallon of water mixed with one teaspoon of Clorox. Been doing this for twenty years with my different motor homes and travel trailer fresh water holding tanks and none of my 4 kids, the wife or myself have gotten sick yet!!
  It leaves no residual chlorine smell or taste and kills the nasties.  They sell stuff at the RV stores that does the same thing for ten times the cost.

Diggs - trade me - send me the 1/2 gallon of vodka and I'll UPS you the teaspoon of bleach!!
terry s
Back to top Go down
http://www.terry-s-music.com
Diggs
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Diggs

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank   Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:00 am

You should have seen the lady at the liquor store when I asked her for a half gallon of the "cheapest" vodka they sell.

She asked me "Are you sure"?

I explained what it was for and she happily grabbed it for me. I am talking $10 at the most. My wife is allergic to chlorine or I would go for the cheaper route for sure.
Back to top Go down
tlsallada
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
tlsallada

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank   Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 12:39 am

I hope none of your neighbors see you climbing into your boat with a full bottle and minutes later climbing out with an empty!! You'll get a bad rap in the neighborhood . . . .
terry s
Back to top Go down
Diggs
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Diggs

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank   Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 1:29 am

I'm one of the few younger folks in my neighborhood and I'm 40. It doesn't take much to get a reputation around here.
Back to top Go down
mconnor
Posting Member

Male Join date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank   Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 2:48 pm

I am rebuilding my 26  (the interior is completely trashed) and have not been able to actually find the water tank - I can only assume it's under the Vberth floor. I see the supply line to the fawcet go between the galley/berth bulkhead inside what used tobe the starboard side cabinets and disappear. I have not been able to find a fill outlet anywhere in the forward berth and now the main galley is completely removed.
Any idea where the tank might be & where is the fill?
Thx - Mike
Back to top Go down
tlsallada
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
tlsallada

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank   Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 3:52 pm

On my 26 the water tank is under the seat closest to the bulkhead. It's a plastic tank and the fill port is on top of the tank. The water pump is also located in the same cavity.  I wonder if the previous owner may have removed it at some point to gain extra storage??
  Hope that helps you out.
terry s
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

Sailboat : Pair CM 32's Aft Cabin Ketch & Aft Cockpit
Male Birthday : 1956-10-17
Job/hobbies : Artist

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank   Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 6:33 pm

cdkonomos wrote:
Need to be sure my water is fresh, help Question
neat graphics!
Back to top Go down
https://clippermarine.forumotion.com
mconnor
Posting Member

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank   Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 12:03 pm

It had to be removed as there was only a small area seemingly for storage & the rest - as well as the rear seat, was filled with VERY had to remove foam.
Back to top Go down
Diggs
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Diggs

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank   Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:55 pm

The foam is to add positive floatation and would have kept your boat from sinking in the event of getting swamped.
Back to top Go down
mconnor
Posting Member

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank   Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 4:29 pm

this wasn't the normal flotation foam - it was the stuff you would use to seal cracks around doors. the previous owner really did not do well by this boat. He removed all the outside hull gear (hatches, rails, tracks, etc) and left if - open to the weather - for about 5 years. Most of the plywood might have been Marine grade at one point but when I got the boat it wasnt. I am having to strip it down to the hull because what is left is just rotting/splintering apart. Under the rear berths is till the real foam.
Word of warning & please don't laugh too hard... DO NOT try to remove the foam/insulation little squares that is embedded ni the honeycomb plastic in the cabin top between it and the plywood strenghtener with a power washer!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank   Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank Empty

Back to top Go down

Cleaning and maintaining the Fresh Water holding tank
Page 1 of 1