~~ClipperMarine.org ~~ FORUM ~~ GALLERY ~~ Clipper-Sailor.net~~
Please join our forum. Ads go away for members!

Please join our forum. Ads go away for members!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Finest Trailerable Vintage Cruising Sailboats Designed By Renowned W.I.B. Crealock N.A.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Google Map Of CM's  clipper-sailor.net  Main Page  
Latest topics
» Bimini Top
Puget Sound get together Emptyby sac4440 Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:00 pm

» Cruising
Puget Sound get together Emptyby Triticum Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:10 pm

» CM32 trailer setup
Puget Sound get together Emptyby martinc2 Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:02 pm

» Rudder replacement
Puget Sound get together Emptyby Triticum Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:53 pm

» Keel meets the hull - damage. Repairable or new boat?
Puget Sound get together Emptyby Triticum Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:15 pm

» Looking for Traveler Track for my '71 CM21
Puget Sound get together Emptyby Tim Mueller Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:02 pm

» Need Rigging for CM30, any thoughts on where to find it?
Puget Sound get together Emptyby JeffLee Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:04 pm

» Added Clipper Marine To Groups On Facebook
Puget Sound get together Emptyby tundrabunny Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:28 pm

» New guy lurking about for pics
Puget Sound get together Emptyby JeffLee Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:28 am

» Parting out Clipper Marine 21/ Free project boat in Michigan
Puget Sound get together Emptyby Rick26h Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:04 am

» Mast repair
Puget Sound get together Emptyby Rick26h Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:49 am

» Nice CM-30 for Sale in New York
Puget Sound get together Emptyby Gary Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:48 am

» CM26 Specs
Puget Sound get together Emptyby Rick26h Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 am

» New Member - Rockport Tx
Puget Sound get together Emptyby FreeReign Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:21 pm

» Discovery! Clipper Marine 9.3
Puget Sound get together Emptyby zdm40 Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:18 pm

» Keel bolt replacement,
Puget Sound get together Emptyby martinc2 Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 pm

» CM21 swing keel lifting system hardware
Puget Sound get together Emptyby JeffLee Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:20 am

» New member from Northern California
Puget Sound get together Emptyby JeffLee Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:25 pm

» CM 21 Upgrades
Puget Sound get together Emptyby JeffLee Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:30 am

» New boat! CM32 aft cockpit sloop
Puget Sound get together Emptyby Gary Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Keywords

Puget Sound get together

Go down 
+4
frelichth
Diggs
Gary
Triticum
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Triticum
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Triticum

Sailboat : Clipper Marine 26
Male Join date : 2012-10-27
Job/hobbies : IT

Puget Sound get together Empty
PostSubject: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:05 am

I saw the pocket cruiser get to gether on Havasu. It is an interesting idea but I don't have the time nor desire to drag the Triticum a couple of thousand miles. I don't think my car is up to it either. That doesn't mean that I am not thinking of getting back on the water...

I usually launch in Olympia, at the bottom of Puget Sound. I know that there are other CLM skippers that sail in the sound and I propose that we look into having a get together this spring or summer. Seems to me that the best idea is a sail-in event. A logical possibility would be at the Tides Inn in Gig Harbor for Lunch on a Saturday. Lots of other interesting places in the sound could also work. I'm hoping to see four or five clippers in one place.
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

Sailboat : Pair CM 32's Aft Cabin Ketch & Aft Cockpit
Male Birthday : 1956-10-17
Job/hobbies : Artist

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Sweet Idea! Maybe have a William Crealock Regatta, inviting all the Crealock sailboats to participate. Is the water you purposed open to the sea? You might get a larger turnout including all the Crealock designs.

Remember, Sturgis Bike Rally started out with only a bike or two, and never increased, for years, till it exploded into half a million bikes from every country in the world.
Back to top Go down
https://clippermarine.forumotion.com
Diggs
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Diggs

Sailboat : CM 26
Male Join date : 2012-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 11:57 pm

I would be interested in a Clipper cruise in.
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 2:33 am

Logical place to have one, would be on the west coast, where many of these boats seem to be in higher numbers.
Back to top Go down
Triticum
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Triticum

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 3:16 pm

Puget Sound is a large inland waterway extending about 100 miles south from the Strait of Juan de Fuca. The central part of Puget Sound is a shape with four points. Seattle, Tacoma, Gig Harbor, Bremerton. Hood Canal is usually considered part of the sound though it is a separate channel of another 100 miles of salt water. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puget_Sound The Puget Sound is perfect habitat for Clippers.

Gig harbor in a cute little natural harbor on the west side of Puget Sound just North of Tacoma. It is probably less than 90 minutes from the public ramp in Des Moines on the east side of the sound and maybe a 30 minute drive south of Seattle. From the south, there are a couple of launches I haven't seen yet that are not too far away. It is a bit south of the logical center of Puget Sound but unlike the other cities, is dedicated to small craft and not naval or large comercial ships.

I like the idea of opening the event up to any Crealock designed ships. I'm also interested in finding out what other skippers think would be a good date and what ships might possibly show up.

I'm guessing that anyone in western Washington probably sails on the Sound or could get to some part of the sound in an hour or two. A two hour drive also opens up the possibility of ships from the greater Portland area. I was down visiting Vancouver a couple of weeks back and we watched a fair number of sailboats on the river.

Eastern Washington is also a possibility. I helped out a couple from Eastern Washington this summer who drove five hours to put their trailer sailor into the water in Olympia. They planned to spend a week cruising the Sound.

North of Puget Sound is the Straits of Georgia so an extended sail would be possibile for ships from B.C.
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Looking at the Clipper Marine Google Map,

http://goo.gl/maps/VqGzg

you have the hot spot in the country for CM's

I think we should plan it! All in favor?

If we want a regional get together, say in Florida, or wherever, we can do that also.
Back to top Go down
Triticum
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Triticum

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:54 pm

We have a second! I just hear from another CM26 Skipper. We will meet in Gig Harbor in July! Anyone else game?
Back to top Go down
frelichth
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sailboat : Clipper
Male Birthday : 1959-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:20 am

Got a Saturday off just after the 4th. Looks like a go. Let's see how many we can drag out of the woodworks.
Back to top Go down
MaidenOregon
Posting Member
MaidenOregon

Sailboat : CM26
Male Join date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:17 pm

I just joined the forum a couple days ago, but it looks like it was a great time to join. Depending on dates, I'm down for a Clipper get-together in July!
Back to top Go down
frelichth
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:13 pm

The original date proposed was for the first Saturday after the 4th, which would be the 6th of July. That one worked for me.
Back to top Go down
Diggs
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Diggs

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Welcome Maiden, where in Oregon is your boat? I am in Portland.
Back to top Go down
Triticum
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Triticum

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:45 pm

Diggs, you are only a couple hours drive south of Olympia. I'll volunteer trailer parking at my place (3 miles from the ramp) if you want to come join us!
Back to top Go down
Diggs
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Diggs

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 10:05 am

I'd love to, I will have to talk it over with my wife when we get a little closer to summer.

I have tried to organize a local Clipper cruise here on the river, we have so many CM's here.
Back to top Go down
MaidenOregon
Posting Member
MaidenOregon

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:36 pm

Diggs, I'm in Beaverton, and my boat lives on a trailer in Forest Grove. Wife and I put in on the Columbia as much as we can, which is not as often as I would like.
I'll write the 6th onto my calendar, and should be able to work around that weekend.

Question for Triticum and others around Gig Harbor-- how is the boat traffic in that area around 4th of July? The Columbia can get pretty crazy around then... Might not be so bad this year as the holiday is in the middle of the week. Anyway, Gig Harbor looks like a great place to check out!
Back to top Go down
Diggs
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Diggs

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:26 am

Sorry for barging on the thread, but any chance you would want to get together for a trip to St. Helens or Coon Island in August or September?
I try to make a weekend out of one of those trips at least once a year. Would love to see some clippers cruising together.
Back to top Go down
Triticum
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Triticum

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:03 pm

Can't find Coon Island on yahoo maps. St Helens wouldn't be a major problem. It is looking like finding a good ramp and parking is the key to pulling this sort of thing off. I'd be coming down I-5 so finding a ramp closer to Kelso would be nice. If we are going to make a weekend (or long weekend), we need to know there is a place to anchor or to tie up for the night. I'm working to put together the same information for the Gig Harbor event.

I'd be interested in sailing on the river. I watched several sailboats just after Christmas when I was in Vancouver. We had lunch at McMinnimins overlooking the river.
Back to top Go down
MaidenOregon
Posting Member
MaidenOregon

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:31 pm

About St. Helens- it is a great place to go with a nice island park across from the town, both having large free docking areas, but the boat ramp there can be short and shallow in a low summer tide.

I'm all for a big meeting in the Sound, Gig Harbor or wherever. I wouldn't mind putting in at Olympia and making the sail up over a day or two. I just called Narrows Marina on Day Island west of Tacoma, and they have a public boat launch, $12/day launch or parking fee.
Port Defiance looks like $13 launch fee with lots of parking, but not sure about cost of parking.

Found this ridiculously long link:

Link
Back to top Go down
MaidenOregon
Posting Member
MaidenOregon

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:51 pm

I have done a few trips on the stretch of the Columbia north of Portland, and think it is just as beautiful as the Columbia Gorge further east, but way less busy. Highly recommend it to anyone interested.
I've put in at West Longview by Fisher Island, with plenty of parking and nice long ramps. I've anchored in Martin Island, which has a great sheltered cutout bay in the middle of it, perfect for summer swimming. Kalama, WA and Rainier, OR also both appear to have some nice ramps that I haven't been able to check out yet.
I'd really like to take the time and do the Astoria-Portland trip, or vise versa depending on wind directions. Been thinking about that for a few years now, but silly things like working for a living get in the way.
Back to top Go down
Triticum
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Triticum

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 6:51 pm

I have posted the event on other boards. I have been trying to contact other clipper owners. I did find another clipper owner who shouldn't have a hard time making the get together. Turns out his home port is Gig Harbor Smile

Now, if I can just find current email addresses...
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:28 am

There are some old email addresses on www.clipper-sailor.net
Back to top Go down
Triticum
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Triticum

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:30 pm

I have posted pictures and notes on some of the boat ramps within a few miles of Gig Harbor. I'll add more as I get a chance to collect more information. One ramp of prime interest is actually in Gig Harbor.
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:10 pm

Anybody going to Havasu had better know when you go as one boat and crew, you will bring back lots of interesting creatures to your home waters. Not good!

Zebra Mussels is just one interesting thing you will bring back with you.

Triticum wrote:
I saw the pocket cruiser get to gether on Havasu. It is an interesting idea but I don't have the time nor desire to drag the Triticum a couple of thousand miles. I don't think my car is up to it either. That doesn't mean that I am not thinking of getting back on the water...

I usually launch in Olympia, at the bottom of Puget Sound. I know that there are other CLM skippers that sail in the sound and I propose that we look into having a get together this spring or summer. Seems to me that the best idea is a sail-in event. A logical possibility would be at the Tides Inn in Gig Harbor for Lunch on a Saturday. Lots of other interesting places in the sound could also work. I'm hoping to see four or five clippers in one place.
Back to top Go down
Triticum
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Triticum

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:24 pm

Looks like 3 of 15 did not get rejected right away. Worth a try!
Back to top Go down
frelichth
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:44 am

I'm goint to launch out of Tacoma. There is a real nice, newly renovated, launch site with parking. Check it out at http://www.metroparkstacoma.org/public-boat-launch

Plus it's only a short trip across the entrance to the Narrows to reach Gig Harbor. Should allow for some time to sail as well as checking out everyones boats. Hope to see you all there. I'm heading there on the 6th just as an excuse to get out on the water. Hope everyone else can make it.
Back to top Go down
Tiny Dancer
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Tiny Dancer

Sailboat : 1971 Clipper Marine 21
Male Birthday : 1961-02-06
Job/hobbies : Small business owner/Tile installer Sailing

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:38 pm

I would be up for a get-together in the N.W. if we could have some advanced notice like lets plan a big one this fall or something.
Back to top Go down
http://greyfox1837@gmail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puget Sound get together   Puget Sound get together Empty

Back to top Go down

Puget Sound get together
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next