~~ClipperMarine.org ~~ FORUM ~~ GALLERY ~~ Clipper-Sailor.net~~
Please join our forum. Ads go away for members!

Please join our forum. Ads go away for members!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Finest Trailerable Vintage Cruising Sailboats Designed By Renowned W.I.B. Crealock N.A.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Google Map Of CM's  clipper-sailor.net  Main Page  
Latest topics
» Bimini Top
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby sac4440 Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:00 pm

» Cruising
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby Triticum Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:10 pm

» CM32 trailer setup
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby martinc2 Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:02 pm

» Rudder replacement
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby Triticum Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:53 pm

» Keel meets the hull - damage. Repairable or new boat?
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby Triticum Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:15 pm

» Looking for Traveler Track for my '71 CM21
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby Tim Mueller Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:02 pm

» Need Rigging for CM30, any thoughts on where to find it?
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby JeffLee Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:04 pm

» Added Clipper Marine To Groups On Facebook
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby tundrabunny Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:28 pm

» New guy lurking about for pics
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby JeffLee Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:28 am

» Parting out Clipper Marine 21/ Free project boat in Michigan
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby Rick26h Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:04 am

» Mast repair
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby Rick26h Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:49 am

» Nice CM-30 for Sale in New York
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby Gary Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:48 am

» CM26 Specs
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby Rick26h Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 am

» New Member - Rockport Tx
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby FreeReign Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:21 pm

» Discovery! Clipper Marine 9.3
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby zdm40 Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:18 pm

» Keel bolt replacement,
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby martinc2 Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 pm

» CM21 swing keel lifting system hardware
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby JeffLee Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:20 am

» New member from Northern California
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby JeffLee Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:25 pm

» CM 21 Upgrades
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby JeffLee Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:30 am

» New boat! CM32 aft cockpit sloop
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Emptyby Gary Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Keywords

Advise on 'what-goes'where'.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tlsallada
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
tlsallada

Sailboat : CM 26
Male Birthday : 1952-03-16
Job/hobbies : Telecommunications/Security/IT - Hobby Music

Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Empty
PostSubject: Advise on 'what-goes'where'.   Advise on 'what-goes'where'. EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:24 am

Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Top_bow-257x184Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Bottom_1-260x186Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Mast_n_Boom_2-293x212 I've sailed and owned a Sunfish and a Sea Snark for years and finally graduated to the big boy class of boat this year. I'm looking for some advise on how various things fit together. First of all, how does the mast connect to the boom? I'm attempting to attach some photos so you guys can see what I have and make recommendations from there.
Second, on the bow of my boat there's an angle where the pulpit cables connect. There's two 'spare' holes where I believe the jib pole connects. Which part goes in the front or rear hole?? Go ahead and laugh all you want - I'll eventually get all the terminology down pat.
One day I hope to be able to share some of the knowledge I obtain from the users of this forum with the next newby!!
Thanks again in advance for any insight offered!!
terry
Back to top Go down
http://www.terry-s-music.com
truewind
Posting Member
truewind

Sailboat : CM 23 Twin Keel 1976

PostSubject: Re: Advise on 'what-goes'where'.   Advise on 'what-goes'where'. EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Mast to boom? Not sure, never looked closely, but there's a C26 right next to my C23, so I'll see if I can take a picture of it for you. I don't know if it is the same or not.

The "angle" is the bow plate and the only thing I know of that goes into it is the headstay. The headstay is the highest forestay. The headstay/forestay is the wire that goes from the top of your mast to the bow to keep it from falling backward. My headstay is secured in the rearmost hole because I think whoever made it for the PO (previous owner) cut it too short.

I'm not sure, but the other holes in the bow plate may just be for adjustment if the stay stretches too much to adjust with the turnbuckles (those things at the bottom of the wires you attach to the boat that you screw around with to adjust the wires' tension).
Back to top Go down
frelichth
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sailboat : Clipper
Male Birthday : 1959-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Advise on 'what-goes'where'.   Advise on 'what-goes'where'. EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:54 pm

I have my CM26 rigged up right now in the back yard to set up and install some lazy jacks. I will take some pix of the mast and boom assy and post them so you can see how it all comes together. Will have to wait until Mon or Tues when I have a day off of work.

Terry
Back to top Go down
truewind
Posting Member
truewind

Sailboat : CM 23 Twin Keel 1976

PostSubject: Re: Advise on 'what-goes'where'.   Advise on 'what-goes'where'. EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:12 am

Oh yeah, sorry - the tack of the jib attaches to the bow plate, i.e., the front bottom corner of the sail in the front of the boat.

This picture is useful:

http://www.sailingdinghy.info/bermudan-rig-sailing-dinghy.php

Back to top Go down
frelichth
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostSubject: Re: Advise on 'what-goes'where'.   Advise on 'what-goes'where'. EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:24 pm

OK, here are the pix of my rig.
Starting with an overall view of the rig.
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. 00111

Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Overal10

The shrouds all route to the chainplates on the side of the boat. The cap shrouds are routed through the clamp plates at the end of the spreaders. Check the download of the manual for specific lengths of the shrouds, so they end up in the right locations.
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. 00711
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. 01610
The forward shroud attaches to the forwardmost hole of the chainplate. The small pulley you see is for the downhaul that allows me to drop the sail from the comfort of the cockpit.
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Chain10
The rear shroud attaches to the rear chain plate.
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. 00411
After all of this is in place attach the boom thus. I place the boom above the cutout as this allow for room for the poptop and does'nt let the slugs escape when dropping the sail.
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. 01410
I also added a heavy uphaul line at the rear of the boom to support it and allow the boom to be used as a lift in case of a man overboard situation.
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. 01310
Advise on 'what-goes'where'. 01611
Hope this helps you sort out your rigging.
Terry

Last edited by frelichth on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frelichth
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostSubject: Re: Advise on 'what-goes'where'.   Advise on 'what-goes'where'. EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:28 pm

A couple of the photos in the post didn't link up correctly. I'll try to get this corrected asap.
Back to top Go down
Triticum
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Triticum

Sailboat : Clipper Marine 26
Male Join date : 2012-10-27
Job/hobbies : IT

PostSubject: Re: Advise on 'what-goes'where'.   Advise on 'what-goes'where'. EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:39 pm

I have a clevis on the forward hole in the bow chain plate that is used for a mast righting system. The second hole gets the forestay unless it is cold. The third hole is empty and the rear gets the jib foot.

Terry,

Did you put the mast light on your ship? I've been thinking about adding one to mine but there is only a single plug for the forward mast light in the deck. Do you have one four pole connector at the base of the mast or two two pole connectors? I've got a CB antenna up top and either need to remove or replace the antenna wire. The mast and step make a very nice set of scisors if you don't watch the wires when you step the mast...
Back to top Go down
frelichth
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PostSubject: Re: Advise on 'what-goes'where'.   Advise on 'what-goes'where'. EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Two two pole connectors. One for the masthead mooring light and one for the under power running light. The radio goes thru with a simple pass thru connector accepting a male PL259 connector on both sides. I drilled all of the passthroughs above the shear point of the mount/mast connection and installed grommets to protect the wiring.
Back to top Go down
tlsallada
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
tlsallada

Sailboat : CM 26
Male Birthday : 1952-03-16
Job/hobbies : Telecommunications/Security/IT - Hobby Music

PostSubject: Re: Advise on 'what-goes'where'.   Advise on 'what-goes'where'. EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:59 pm

WOW !! These photos are just the ticket!! I'm waiting now for a wind-less day to see if I can connect everything and attempt to raise the mast!!
Thanks again for taking the time to shoot all those photos and post them!!
terry s.

PS: I see there must be another Terry on this forum so I'll sign off with terry s. to prevent confusion (I'm the Terry that is a newby!!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.terry-s-music.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advise on 'what-goes'where'.   Advise on 'what-goes'where'. Empty

Back to top Go down

Advise on 'what-goes'where'.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~~ClipperMarine.org ~~ FORUM ~~ GALLERY ~~ Clipper-Sailor.net~~ :: Welcome To Clipper Marine Org & Clipper-Sailor Net :: >>CM/26-
Jump to: