~~ClipperMarine.org ~~ FORUM ~~ GALLERY ~~ Clipper-Sailor.net~~
Please join our forum. Ads go away for members!

Please join our forum. Ads go away for members!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Finest Trailerable Vintage Cruising Sailboats Designed By Renowned W.I.B. Crealock N.A.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Google Map Of CM's  clipper-sailor.net  Main Page  
Latest topics
» Bimini Top
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby sac4440 Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:00 pm

» Cruising
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby Triticum Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:10 pm

» CM32 trailer setup
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby martinc2 Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:02 pm

» Rudder replacement
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby Triticum Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:53 pm

» Keel meets the hull - damage. Repairable or new boat?
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby Triticum Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:15 pm

» Looking for Traveler Track for my '71 CM21
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby Tim Mueller Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:02 pm

» Need Rigging for CM30, any thoughts on where to find it?
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby JeffLee Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:04 pm

» Added Clipper Marine To Groups On Facebook
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby tundrabunny Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:28 pm

» New guy lurking about for pics
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby JeffLee Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:28 am

» Parting out Clipper Marine 21/ Free project boat in Michigan
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby Rick26h Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:04 am

» Mast repair
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby Rick26h Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:49 am

» Nice CM-30 for Sale in New York
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby Gary Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:48 am

» CM26 Specs
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby Rick26h Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 am

» New Member - Rockport Tx
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby FreeReign Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:21 pm

» Discovery! Clipper Marine 9.3
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby zdm40 Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:18 pm

» Keel bolt replacement,
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby martinc2 Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 pm

» CM21 swing keel lifting system hardware
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby JeffLee Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:20 am

» New member from Northern California
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby JeffLee Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:25 pm

» CM 21 Upgrades
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby JeffLee Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:30 am

» New boat! CM32 aft cockpit sloop
Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Emptyby Gary Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Keywords

Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark Catalina 27 AZ
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Mark Catalina 27 AZ

Sailboat : Catalina 27
Male Join date : 2012-01-09
Job/hobbies : Rock Quarry President, Sailing, Family

Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Empty
PostSubject: Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's   Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:43 pm

the seller has to fax her registration to the loan officer to send to underwriting for final because they've never lent on a sailboat before. What? Yep, you read right.
so, my large deposit is on a prayer.

So, hopefully by Tuesday or so, I should fully own her outright.

Unbelievable!

Last edited by Mark CM26 AZ on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

Sailboat : Pair CM 32's Aft Cabin Ketch & Aft Cockpit
Male Birthday : 1956-10-17
Job/hobbies : Artist

PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's   Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:49 pm

No matter what you are going through, it is not a longer deal than the 30 I tried to get, or the aft cabin I got.

Hal was trading emails once a month.

Dano drug his feet all winter and NEVER did turn loose of a photograph newer than five years ago.

De-stepping the mast is no biggie for someone young as yourself. Just be careful and do not do it on a windy day. Doing it in the water gives you a softer place to fall.

The wife? Have no advice on that one. Mine is still pissed over my last two sailboats. She has not lent one finger to help clean this last one.

The first time I get her aboard, I will tell her as she is screaming, mizzen boats have to heal at 45 degrees! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://clippermarine.forumotion.com
Everett CM32
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Everett CM32

Sailboat : CM32 Aft Cockpit
Male Join date : 2011-12-28
Job/hobbies : Nuclear Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's   Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 3:13 am

It never ceases to amaze me how people can get involved and screw up something that should be sooo simple. Is it control issues?? Sheer stupidity?? And now not only is the loan officer a PIA but the seller is messing up your marina situation as well?!

Well the sweetest victories are hardest won. I have a feeling those idiots will fade in the wake of your first sail on her. And I'm sure your wife will smile a bit then too. Cool
Back to top Go down
Mark Catalina 27 AZ
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Mark Catalina 27 AZ

PostSubject: Will come around   Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:55 am

Gary, Ev,

It was just the sheer hassle of the deal that has me already having buyer's remorse. That'll fade by next weekend. My $2mm insurance will trump all. But, I'll pull my boat tomorrow so that when we transfer title at the credit union on Monday, I'll be able to get aboard Monday and
Then sail, sail, sail on Myott.

so much for the Jimmy Buffett boat chillin' lifestyle. :-)

Last edited by Mark CM26 AZ on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Everett CM32
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Everett CM32

Sailboat : CM32 Aft Cockpit
Male Join date : 2011-12-28
Job/hobbies : Nuclear Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's   Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Well at least you won't be bored next week. Haaaaaaaaaa Razz

By the way, love the new name, Myott!!

And had the truck been in the one-ton category I would have been dealing w/ you on it. Heck I probably would have left the boulder wrap on for a while. Would have been cool to fly out to get it, meet you, do some sailing, and crash on the futon in your cantina. Someday dude, someday.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's   Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 12:30 pm

You're going to pull the CM26 today, clean her up and park her in you back yard. And then on Wednesday you're having a party in the back yard. Sounds to me that, besides the business, you should be able to talk someone into becoming the new owner of MT Nest. Two birds with one stone ... or something like that.

Good luck and best wishes.
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's   Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Funny how some people are not very accommodating.
Back to top Go down
Mark Catalina 27 AZ
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Mark Catalina 27 AZ

PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's   Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 4:10 pm

No, I'm parking the boat in my back yard/side yard. tHe business party is for about 150 customers at my company rock yard...we're a quarry...think Fred Fliststone.

Yeah, so everyone I talked with at the marina (3) said the lady/seller is VERY set in her ways with frequent non-logical points of view. They said there is no reason, other than what is in her head, why I should have to pull my CM26 this weekend. I should be able to leave it where it is in my current slip, and try to sell it, while leaving my new boat in the seller's sleip which is by contract, paid through May. At the least, I need to have MT Nest sold or moved home my May 30th and Myott (mmm...my other yacht?) moved into it.

I have a call in to the decision maker at the marina; if she gives me permission, I'll explain to the seller that I already have insurance on her sold boat and that the marina says I can stay in her paid slip. I know at some point she's going to ask me to pay some or all of her slip fee.
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's   Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:34 pm

If you pull the CM, you will need to clean the hull asap to get that looking nice while anything attached will come off easily.

Could you Moore Ball the CM? Moore Ball the new boat?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's   Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's Empty

Back to top Go down

Unbelievable ordeal...1/8th of Gary's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~~ClipperMarine.org ~~ FORUM ~~ GALLERY ~~ Clipper-Sailor.net~~ :: Welcome To Clipper Marine Org & Clipper-Sailor Net :: >>General Discussions :: >>Off Topic-
Jump to: