~~ClipperMarine.org ~~ FORUM ~~ GALLERY ~~ Clipper-Sailor.net~~
Please join our forum. Ads go away for members!

Please join our forum. Ads go away for members!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Finest Trailerable Vintage Cruising Sailboats Designed By Renowned W.I.B. Crealock N.A.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Google Map Of CM's  clipper-sailor.net  Main Page  
Latest topics
» Bimini Top
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby sac4440 Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:00 pm

» Cruising
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby Triticum Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:10 pm

» CM32 trailer setup
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby martinc2 Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:02 pm

» Rudder replacement
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby Triticum Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:53 pm

» Keel meets the hull - damage. Repairable or new boat?
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby Triticum Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:15 pm

» Looking for Traveler Track for my '71 CM21
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby Tim Mueller Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:02 pm

» Need Rigging for CM30, any thoughts on where to find it?
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby JeffLee Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:04 pm

» Added Clipper Marine To Groups On Facebook
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby tundrabunny Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:28 pm

» New guy lurking about for pics
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby JeffLee Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:28 am

» Parting out Clipper Marine 21/ Free project boat in Michigan
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby Rick26h Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:04 am

» Mast repair
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby Rick26h Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:49 am

» Nice CM-30 for Sale in New York
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby Gary Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:48 am

» CM26 Specs
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby Rick26h Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 am

» New Member - Rockport Tx
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby FreeReign Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:21 pm

» Discovery! Clipper Marine 9.3
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby zdm40 Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:18 pm

» Keel bolt replacement,
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby martinc2 Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 pm

» CM21 swing keel lifting system hardware
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby JeffLee Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:20 am

» New member from Northern California
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby JeffLee Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:25 pm

» CM 21 Upgrades
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby JeffLee Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:30 am

» New boat! CM32 aft cockpit sloop
Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Emptyby Gary Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Keywords

Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gary
Admin
Gary

Sailboat : Pair CM 32's Aft Cabin Ketch & Aft Cockpit
Male Birthday : 1956-10-17
Job/hobbies : Artist

Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Empty
PostSubject: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:15 am

Spent 9 hours at the lake today. Had a great time.

Guess what Sugar Bee did today? did a little friendly racing. Sailboat, new or. near new, all the bells and whistles, 28" , including roller main sail, rotating mast? Wing keel. Sweet boat.

On the downwind side, so my wind was 2nd hand from her to me, she was a basketball court away, Sugar Bee walked away from her two sails to my three smaller sails.

10mph winds. The faster the wind, the better we did.

I was pleased.

Last edited by Gary on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://clippermarine.forumotion.com
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:16 am

Next year, taller masts, larger sails, we will do better in low winds.
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:23 am

My beam is 8 foot. I disrupt a lot less water than these modern wide beam sailboats.

Sadly, neptune charged me a fee today, my sailing hat.
Back to top Go down
Everett CM32
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Everett CM32

Sailboat : CM32 Aft Cockpit
Male Join date : 2011-12-28
Job/hobbies : Nuclear Nomad

PostSubject: Re: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:26 am

Excellent!!

Great to hear you kicked some ass!!

People keep telling me that Gone looks fast. All I can say right now is "hope so". Can't wait to get her out and dog 'er.

Spinnaker of some sort is on our list. I'll bet Sugar Bee would be fun w/ one. I would think your boat would balance out nicely.
Back to top Go down
plainssailor
Posting Member

Sailboat : oday 25

PostSubject: Re: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:10 am

Hey Gary, I was out there and you guys took pictures of us. My boat is named Cuba Libre. I was the one flying the assym. You asked for my number or something like that to send me pictures. I could not hear you over the husker game and the wind. If you could, e-mail to me at jetboatfreak@yahoo.com. By the way Sugar Bee is a cool looking old boat. Thanks again Scott
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:20 am

I only sailed Wallace once. That day, she impressed me as a fast boat. Others commented on how quick she was. 32 feet long, 8 foot beam and a glass smooth bottom at transitional points like between the hull and keel. Can't see where that seam in.

On Sugar Bee, there is a build up and that has to slow the boat some. I would say the aft cockpit is faster than the center cockpit. Maybe 1 or 2 mph faster. Maybe more.

I think the seam on Sugar Bee could be made smoother. Maybe someone did that to wallice.

Also, the sails are larger on wallice. Ten foot boom compared to a 12 foot boom and 2.5 foot taller mast. Maybe that is the difference. I will know next spring.
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:22 am

plainssailor wrote:
Hey Gary, I was out there and you guys took pictures of us. My boat is named Cuba Libre. I was the one flying the assym. You asked for my number or something like that to send me pictures. I could not hear you over the husker game and the wind. If you could, e-mail to me at jetboatfreak@yahoo.com. By the way Sugar Bee is a cool looking old boat. Thanks again Scott

I will have my wife email you the pics!

Your boat looked sweet on the water. Real head turned.
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:33 am

Gary wrote:
plainssailor wrote:

I will have my wife email you the pics!

Your boat looked sweet on the water. Real head turned.

Next year, I will uploads pics to a web address I purchased. Www.branchedoakyachtclub.com.

I noticed the yacht club did not already own it, so I registered it and gave it to Barry last spring. It still sits unused, so over the winter I will build a site. I think everyone will be able to upload images, and a forum like this one. Maybe just pics.
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:10 am

There was another Ketch on the lake. Daysailor. He kicked my ass! He was easily 1/3 faster than me.

The catamarans were also kicking my ass. Those things are lightning quick.

Last edited by Gary on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:53 am

Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Kuytuk10
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:54 am

Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Yikriy10
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:56 am

Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Edqgfe10
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Scott, did you happen to get any pics of Sugar Bee?
Back to top Go down
Gary
Admin
Gary

PostSubject: Re: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:21 pm

plainssailor wrote:
Sugar Bee is a cool looking old boat. Thanks again Scott

Old? OLD???

Heads up, I am OLD, Sugar Bee is a Whipper-Snapper! Lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)   Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics) Empty

Back to top Go down

Speed Mr. Scott, Give Me All All You Got! (Pics)
Page 1 of 1